Arcade Space Shooter Template
A downloadable asset pack for Windows, macOS, and Linux
The Arcade Space Shooter Template is a feature-complete game template made in 100% Blueprints that allows you to create a 3D space shooter, similar to games like Starfox.
The template includes the following:
- Track Mode - Player follows a spline-based track through the level. Can customize Player forward speed, as well as offsets in the Y and Z directions. Ability to have multiple paths unlocked based on triggers overlapped or enemies killed.
- All-Range Mode - Player can fly anywhere in the map.
Choose your Perspective:
- Includes a third-person camera, first-person camera, and a backwards-looking camera.
- The third-person camera has a Fixed Mode (follows the Ship but does not inherit rotations), and Static Mode (follows the Player’s rotations and movement)
- Roll - Roll to 90 degrees to either side and keep the rotation as long as you hold the button
- Barrel Roll - double-tap the roll button to barrel roll to either side
- Boost - Short burst forward. Speed increase and time of increase can be customized
- Brake - Slows down for a short period of time. Time of decrease and final speed can be customized
- Somersault - Speed and trajectory can be customized with a Timeline curve
- UTurn - Speed and trajectory can be customized with a Timeline curve
- Weapons included - Laser, Homing Charge Shot, Fireball, Bomb
- Includes a simple weapon switching system that allows you to cycle through weapons. Can easily add new weapon types
- The damage per weapon is easily customizable
- Pickups parent class comes with a variety of settings, such as whether you want the pickup to stick to the Player, or rotate around the Player, and for how long
- Pickups included - Health, Shield, Points, Points Cache, Laser Upgrade (double laser), and Bombs!
- Template comes with 10 actor components to quickly add functionality to any actor in your scene!
- Functionality includes simulate physics on hit, add actor to radar system, convert HISM actor into a fully destructible actor (destruction per instance), and more!
- Template comes with several blueprints that help you create obstacles in your level
- Take any mesh and make it move or rotate in specific patterns, or add moving debris to your level
- Two door blueprints that open on proximity or when hit by the Player
- Complete HUD system includes Player’s Health, Shield, Weapon equipped, ability timer, and bombs available.
- HUD can display alert messages and it notifies Player when a checkpoint is saved
- Complete menu system with a Main Menu and Pause Menu
- Pause Menu comes with options to resume to the game, restart the level, save the game, access options, go to the main menu, and quit the game
- Options include - Gameplay Options (such as adjusting difficulty) and Graphics Quality Settings
- Save and Load functionality included for 3 save slots!
- Comprehensive enemy AI is included - AI moves in 6DOF and has obstacle avoidance
- Comes with 3 Idle Behaviors and 6 Combat Behaviors.
- Each instance of the AI gets a variety of parameters from its pawn allowing you to customize the AI behavior on individual enemies!
- Comes with 2 sample bosses - one in All-Range Mode and one in Track Mode
- Procedural Debris - creates a destructible asteroid field using ISM. You can specify the instance’s health and its behavior once destroyed. Can use a culling volume to create a path for the Player through the asteroid field
- Road Builder - Simple tool used to create spline-based roads. Easily change the mesh and materials to suit your needs. Automatically create bridge sections - the supports adjust to the terrain in realtime
- Corridor Builder - create your indoor scenes in minutes with this blueprint. Comes with 4 connector types and the ability to chain several blueprints together to create indoor sections.
- Bonus Modes: Survival Mode and Time Attack Mode
- Level-linking system allows you to create your level sequence in minutes. You can also specify the level music and other parameters
- Checkpoint system
- Difficulty Manager - change the game’s difficulty at runtime - it changes each enemy’s stats based on difficulty. Easily extendible to your other systems!
- Debug tools allows you to skip to any part of the level while on track mode, as well as debug point and radial damage
- Comes with sample meshes (ship, enemies, building) and particle systems (explosions, smoke)
- Custom sounds included
Requirements: Unreal Engine 4.18 or higher.
You can reach me directly at email@example.com or message me here with any questions / comments.
I will start working on more detailed documentation and video tutorials founds on my Youtube Channel.
**Art assets are meant for demonstration purposes and are not optimized for production
**Template does not come with the music or sound effects seen on the videos
In order to download this asset pack you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $49.99 USD. You will get access to the following files: